Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have an elkington &co large jug it is marked 1A then under

Customer Question

I have an elkington &co large jug it is marked 1A then under 16586 under that an &, under that a crown in a shield under the shield is E&Co to the left of that is what appears to be a crescent and what looks like j and stylized K and to the right of the shield is another large crescent with what again appears to be j or and a long 1 and an enlongated or stretched hexagon
thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi please see attached photos of the jug. Could you please provide me with an estimate of value and any other information. Many Thanks. Peter
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your patience.

The W letter in the marks indicates your water jug was produced by Elkington in 1882.

The 1A means that this is electro-plated and not sterling silver.

The number series is the form shape 'pattern' number.

These sell for $80 - $110 on today's market or 60-75GBP.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora