Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Silver Tablespoon: A1 1OZ EP ASHBERRY. I should like to know

Silver Tablespoon: A1 1OZ EP ASHBERRY. I should like to know the date if possible and of course the value. It is something that has been in my family for years. Thank you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece/set that came with your original inquiry. Add pictures of the pattern on the handle and the maker's mark on the back by using the +Add File feature.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am unable to supply a photo. There is no pattern on the handle and I have given you the maker's mark, which again is, "A1 1OZ EP ASHBERRY" followed by tiny pick which to me looks like a windmill, I know it is not but I cannot tell, could be a person holding a large scythe.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** paid £13 via PayPal. If you cannot answer as agreed, I will have to go back to PayPal.

This is a silver plated (not silver) spoon made circa 1890 by Philip Ashberry and Sons of Sheffield, England, no pattern name.

The image is their logo of an arm holding a spear. The letters A1 represent the quality of the plating and the EP is for Electro Plated. This spoon has a current value of $20USD.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for the info :)

You are so welcome.
If you would like to use me on any future questions,
put ForCustomerOnly in the text of your question to get me again.
I respond to requested questions first.