Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have an unusual (quite ugly) terracotta teapot and 2 cups

I have an unusual (quite ugly) terracotta teapot and 2 cups which appears a very dark brown on the outside. Inside the teapot is a piece of paper with Chinese/Japanese writing. I wondered if this was of any value at all.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tea pot
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

This is a Chinese terracotta pottery Yixing Zisha tea set from

one of the many potters in Yixing region of China, the pot

in the shape of a dragon. The set was made in the 1960's and

would have come in a fitted box with silk liner. These were and still are

mass produced by the many potteries in this region of China.

The value of the set is $50 to $75 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I really appreciate the good feedback.
I look forward to working with you again soon.

To get me again, start a new question and put "forCustomeronly" as the first words.
To ask a new question, you can go to your My Questions and click on "ask me a new question"
You can also 'favorite' me, that way I should show up as your personal Expert for antiques and appraisals.