Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

My sister-in-law (who has had a stroke and is bedridden) has

My sister-in-law (who has had a stroke and is bedridden) has a dining room table and four chairs, which she maintains is a valuable antique, I have two photos and wonder if someone can provide an opinion
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 26 days ago.

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Can you upload images ?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
39;ere you go

Can I see a picture of the whole table please?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Sorry Glenda, the table is 160 miles away and we are not due to go there till the second week in December

Can you tell me, is it just plain wood on the top no fancy inlay? The Table is a 1920-30's Jacobean Style, looks like the wood maybe Oak or a good Walnut.

I can get the value if you can tell me how many chairs there are?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
As far as I can remember the top is just plain wood, but it has a lot of boxes on top of it, I would think walnut (I used to do woodturning) there are four chairs, all seem to be a similar quality. Could you give me a value for a plain top and an inlaid top, just in case?

Hello Sure,

.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.

The Dining Table and Chairs, plain wood top, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00, if it has a inlaid top-$1***-**-****.00 . Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.