Wayne
Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have a candelabra,it's very heavy, metal 2 1/2 kg .hollow

I have a candelabra,it's very heavy, metal 2 1/2 kg .hollow base art nouveau Dutch company B&G c1900 size 47cm x22 x25. Her head is a female head with lioness ears her long tendrils swirl around her to hold the candles..,
I purchased her in a auction,no information.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No labels or signature that I can find...
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I am not paying for phone call,as I am a pensioner and cannot afford a large sum of money £20 is a lot of money to me and I know I was taking a risk as it is... you can face time me if you want
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did you get my uploaded photo...
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you still there or have you given up on me...?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll give you 24hrs to respond to my questions.....?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The candelabra is very heavy and the base is hollow...can you at least tell me what metal it is...

Hello Beryl,

My apologies for the delay. I am in the US and there were problems with me logging in to the UK side of the site.

Do not worry about the phone call, I do not participate in that service, it is just an extra thing the site offers to mostly those that have legal or medical questions.

I got one picture of the piece IMG_3071.JPG. You mentioned that it was not marked but in the original inquiry you mentioned a Dutch company B & G which has me wondering if it is marked? Let's clear that up, add a photo of a mark if there is one. Do let me know. In the mean time, I will work on your answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is where I got my info..hope it helps.

The information on that paper is mostly incorrect.

This is a German Jugendstil art nouveau six-light candelabra made out of nickel silver over brass

in the form of a woman with flowing locks that turn into leaf-form sockets/bobeches for the

candle tapers sitting on four t-shaped feet. The company Achille Gamba of Germany made these originally and marked them with an angel and AB mark on the bottom, then other companies made similar designs similar to theirs. Yours is not marked, so I am certain this is by a German company that was trying to create a similar product. (see photos). The word Jugendstil (Youth Style) is the German period that equals the art nouveau period in the US and other parts of Europe, circa 1890 to 1914.

The value of this piece is $500USD or 370 British pounds.

Some sites that I recommend for selling (if you are planning to sell) are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com,
Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local). Not all of these are available in the UK.

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My candelabra is not silver on brass,,I am not sure if it is bronze or another metal that is similar...weight and being hollow base it is not weighted by concrete or something similar...

It could be plated silver over bronze, these were made that way as well.

Same value in that case.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you look at original photo you will see what colour it is...and that is not silver..the last two images where what I found on internet,same style wrong materials...

I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.

This is Wayne I am a verified expert in antiques and I can help you with this. I agree with rarewares, this is nickel silver over brass. I looked at your photo and in fact you can see some brass peeking through around the chest area. This would sell for $500-700 USD, and Insurance value is $1000 USD.
Thanks,
Wayne
Please click on the Stars*****When you read this answer.
Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience: 40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** bit mystified..are you saying the dark top layer is silver...as it seems to have a brown shading silver is usually black grey colour...still I am no expert ...