Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a brass half hunter pocket watch makers name is

I have a brass half hunter pocket watch makers name is***** jnr number is ***** Could you tell me if it is of any value please.alan Read

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the watch, dial, inner case (where there will be marks, words or symbols) and the movement.
The serial number on a watch is on the movement (gears area) and not on the case. Those are always two different numbers.

Add pictures one at a time( add one, hit send, then do the next).

Once you do, give me some time to research.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

TO GET TO THE SERIAL NUMBER
To open the back cuvee( dust cover), you can use the edge of your fingernail or the edge of a

sharp knife at what would be the 2 o'clock position if you looked at the cuvee in terms of a clock face.

There is a raised lip in the region that allows for leverage to pop the case open.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Photo of the watch

Thomas Hunter junior is recorded in Baillie, G.H. Watchmakers & Clockmakers of the World as apprenticed 1734 gaining his freedom in 1742, he worked from New Broad Street Buildings, was appointed Warden in 1762 then served as Master in 1765, he died in 1785. He made both pocket watches and long case clocks.

This is a late 1700's verge fusee (chain driven) pair case pocket watch in brass case

made in London by Thomas Hunter junior with a value of

£250.00 of the chain is still in tact within the movement. If the watch does not have the chain or the chain is broken, it is valued at £150.00. The chain should be visible on the sprocket if it is there.

To end this one, please click the stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.