Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have zanussi zsf6161 dishwasher, it isnt spraying the water

Customer Question

I have zanussi zsf6161 dishwasher, it isn't spraying the water when it gets into the wash cycle, I opened it up, it's filling & emptying fine, I took out circ pump & checked for blockages, checked the pump, it is running but seems slow, the water is coming out of the spray arm (bottom) but has no pressure behind it.

There are no error messages it just goes through the cycle and finishes, leaving everything dirty!
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

.

Its more then likely a faulty wash motor here. There is a capacitor next to the motor. Its the silver cyclinder with the 2 wires going to it. Now this gives the motor the boost to get going so there is a change this is at fault. But to be honest its very rare this failes.

.

Im afraid its nearly always the motor at fault which causes this and the motor will need to be replaced to cure the fault here. Ive replaced loads of these in the past for this fault.

.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

well I guessed that myself, I was expecting a bit more info for 25 euro. I thought you might have a bit more insight into this, as the motor runs, so obviously the capacitor is working as it has started,

I was wondering what causes the motor to run slow, or if there may be some kind of blockage as one of these motors is in the range of 250 euro, so will be better off to just replace the machine!

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

.

Not sure what other info i could have given you.

.

The motor is faulty so it will need to be replaced. These motor are magnetic and windings now so it can just go weak and stiff and it gives this fault. Theres no reason for it to go like that they just do over time.

.

Sorry if it was another answer you was looking for but its just a faulty motor which cannot be repaired as there are not serviceable parts in there its a case or just replacing the motor.

.

But as you have seen the price its very expensive just for the part so proberly not even worth fixing.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It hasn't really been very helpful, you just told me something I already knew and had explained in my description of the problem? Maybe I just assumed that I'd get a more in depth evaluation, I just don't see it as worth 25 Euro to be told yeah the pumps not working! so how do I get around that without leaving a negative evaluation?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

.

Im sorry you thought you would get more of an answer but there just isnt one on these im afraid. If the motor is faulty its faulty.

.

Just dont rate the service and you can request a refund for the deposit you have paid. Just contact customer services from the home page and they can do it for you.

.