Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

MY AEG LAVAMAT MODEL 50720 DOES NOT

Customer Question

MY AEG LAVAMAT MODEL 50720 DOES NOT SEEM TO BE SPIN DRYING EFFICIENTLY CAN YOU ADVISE?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

What does the machine do when it's spinning?

Does it pump all of the water out?

Does it spin the drum at full speed?

Have you cleaned out the filter and checked the drain hose for restrictions?

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, yes all the water pumps out. I have checked the filter and the drain hose, and both seem to be clear.

No, it doesn't seem to spin at full speed, as i am having to spin washing twice, and even then the washing is still very wet.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, does this happen with all loads?

If you put the machine on spin only, with nothing in the machine, what happens?

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes this happens with all loads. Have just tried the spin cycle with it empty and it spins properly and at full speed

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

.

The next check is to watch it with a load, on rinse and spin.

Then, once it finishes the program (if it didn't spin properly) set it to spin only, does it now spin?

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, have tried rinse and spin with a load, but it did not spin. Then tried just a spin and although the drum rotated slowly, periodically, it did not spin. we tried all the spin programs, with the same results

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

.

I'm assuming the drum actually turns and tries to distribute the load.

.

Wait 10 minutes, put it on spin only.

What happens?

.

does it try to spin and fail, ?

Does it then go back to distribute?

.

What sort of load is in the machine?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes tries to distribute the load turning to & fro. 10 mins later much the same, slowly both ways. spin and fail possibly. machine load consists of a bath towel and a hand towel.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, the reason it's not spinning now is the load cannot be balanced.

Add another bath towel and try again.

.

The machine needs to be able to balance the load, otherwise, it won't spin.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

with two bath towels and one hand towel it rinsed but it did not spin. washing was still soaking wet. at the completion we then turned the switch to spin and tried again and it worked .

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, 2 problems I see as possible causes.

.

1. unbalanced load and

2. not draining quickly enough or pressure tube/chamber restricted.

.

Take the laundry out of the machine.

Run a rag under the door seal, where it meets the inner drum, at the bottom.

.

Does it come out with gunge on it?

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No gunge, virtually clean.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

.

That would suggest a possible fault in the pressure switch.

It's not resetting properly or quickly enough, preventing the machine spinning.

.

Put the towels in again.

Fill the machine with water.

Then set it to drain.

Once empty, set it to spin only.

.

Listen carefully as it starts, does it pump out a lot of water before it spins?

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry I have to go out now - I play bridge - I will have to continue tomorrow. Thanks so far for you help. gGood night.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

No problem.

I'm afraid it is a long drawn out process to try and narrow the fault down but if my thinking is correct, your machine isn't getting rid of the water quickly enough.

.

We'll know some more once you carry out the checks tomorrow.

.

Enjoy your evening.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

followed your latest instructions, used pre wash to fill the m/c and then pumped out .turned to rinse, not much for first 2 minutres then started to spin gradually increasing to maximum speed at about 6 minutes ,and stopped at about 9 minutes. i couldn't detect any noise of pumping water at start of spin.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

When you say stopped, do you mean it completed the spin?

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would say so although I dont know how long it is supposed to spin

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

That's ok, whatever you chose, it's gone through the cycle..

.

I'm beginning to suspect a balance problem rather than a machine problem.

.

Try the machine on a full wash with a full load.

Let me know what happens.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

will do. by the way your company has taken £22-00 out of my account twice, can you look into it for me. thank you in anticipation, bryan

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, I can't help on queries regarding your account.

You need to use the help button to contact customer services.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

AFTER PROTRACTED E MAILS RE MY MACHINE IT FINALLY WORKED WITH A FULL LOAD ONCE BUT DIDNOT SPIN THE NEXT TIME

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, everything on your machine has been checked and confirmed by you to be ok.

It only leaves a balance problem.

.

I can't come up with any other reason given the information I have.

I can only suggest that you may want to consider getting someone in to check the machine over.

.

I'll opt out of the quesiton and open it to all again.

See if anyone comes up with something I've missed.

.

Sorry

Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!