Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I have an AEG Electrolux Lavamat-Turbo Washer/Dryer bought

Customer Question

I have an AEG Electrolux Lavamat-Turbo Washer/Dryer bought in 2007. I washed an old mat with a rubber backing which disintegrated in the machine. It finished the cycle okay but when I tried to tumble dry something later the alarm went off and the message EFO appeared in the box. I cannot turn the machine off on the switch now, only at the wall. Please advise what needs to be done. Many thanks.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you post the product number (PNC) of the appliance please?

It should be on a label in the door recess.

It begins with 9 so you need to prefix it with A so it's not crossed out when posted.

.

eg. A914419941 00

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the model number is A914602122 01

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for that.

.

The code is reporting the filter is blocked.

.

Are you able to cancel the code and start the machine on spin only?

Is it full or empty of water at the moment?

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Empty - it finished the wash cycle ok but failed when I tried to use the drier. I can't cancel the code to spin.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, that's pretty unusual that you can't cancel the code.

.

Turn the dial to off.

Press and hold together the first button of each row (from the left).

While holding them, turn the dial 1 click clockwise.

The lights should flash, release the buttons and the lights should scroll.

.

Turn the dial a further 9 clicks clockwise, note the error code.

Turn the dial clockwise to off.

Then to any program

Back to off.

.

Let me know the code.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

EF3

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

thanks for that.

.

Unplug the appliance.

drag it out and take the rear panel off.

.

remove the water in the base that is activating the anti flood device.

.

Once removed, the code should go and you'll be able to use the machine again.

If the code remains, the float is still lifting the microswitch.

.

check it out, see how it goes and get back to me.

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It doesn't have a back oanel as such it seems to wrap around the machine joining half way around the side panels?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Success - I couldn't take the back off but by tipping the machine forward it has drained the excess water and is working - thank you for your help!

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for letting me know.

Glad you got it working again.

.

I'd appreciate it if you could rate the answer and help you received.

It's how I'm paid for my efforts.

.

Good luck with the appliance.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Oooops spoke too soon! It worked on spin last night but stopped again when I put in a wash today so back to square one. How do you take the back off? I removed the bolts on the top to release the side panels but they are still held fast at the bottom.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I thought that it was fixed when it managed to spin last night but it is still not working on the wash cycle as when the machine fills with water it is sounding the alarm again. Please advise - this is still the same problem and I would appreciate it if you would reply.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

If it's the same error code when you check it, it's likely leaking.

.

You need to take the top off.

Take the bolts either side at the bottom centre out (take the blanking plugs out first).

Take the bolts at the rear out.

Take the bolts along each upper edge out.

.

Unclip the carrier that takes the power and water into the machine.

Pull the rear half of the casing off.

.

If it's leaking, you need to locate and cure the leak to rectify the problem.

.

thanks