Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The on off button on my washer is broken

Customer Question

The on off button on my washing machine has broken, can I hard wire the connections until a replacement switch arrives ? I have 4 wires from the switch, 2 are grey 1 is red. And other is a pair of orange wires together. Which would I hardware together to leave the machine permanently on.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Can you post a picture of the switch and i will be able to tell you.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hiya, the 2 grey wires are at the top of the switch. The other two are half way down the switch. If I wire the 2 greys together it blows the house trip. I've got a picture but can't see how to attach it here ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Ok the grey wires are live and neutral so joining these together will blow it.

.

Looking at the switch the grey wires are at the top so looking at the left grey wire you need to join this up with the wire under it.

.

Then the grey wire on the right join this with the wire under that and this will bypass the on/off switch.

.

Let me know what happens.

.

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

How have you got on with the washer?

.