Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a WMD 960 washer and we have recently had our flat rewired

Customer Question

I have a WMD 960 washer and we have recently had our flat rewired which meant the mains power was off to the washer for over two weeks. I have tried to do some washing today on the bed and linen schedule and it started the wash, but then came up with a blank LCD display apart from error code F:01 I have tried removing power and leaving it for one minute and even tried it on spin mode, but it just sits there with the display saying it is on spin and timing down from 16 min and after several minutes it comes up with the same error code. I have also checked that the water supply is OK which it is. Is there anything else I can do?
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

F01 is a motor triac fault.

.

What you need to do is remove the back panel and check the wiring to the motor and the control board on the side.

.

If this is fine then if you can remove the motor and check the carbon brushes at the back. If they have worn then they will need to be replaced.

.

But if they are fine then its possibley the control board as this is were the triacs are anyway. So if this is the case then the control board will need to be replaced.

.

But the F-01 error code is a motor related error code.

.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

.