Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have an AEG KB9810e microwave oven and nothin is happening.

Customer Question

I have an AEG KB9810e microwave oven and nothin is happening. The door closes ok and all 3 microswitches are activating but when I press a button nothing happens, I just have the time clock in the middle of the screen. If I switch it off for a few minutes and back on I get 12.00 on the screen and a flashing clock symbol but the only 2 buttons that work are the + and - and can only be pushed once before they are inactive again and everything is locked out.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I will wait until the end of today the 12/3/13 but after that then I will need to look elsewhere for help.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.
This sounds like its the main control board that is faulty.
As I am sure you appreciate, this is not something you can test yourself at home.
Under the circumstances I think an all in repair is the way to resolve this.
If you can give me your postcode ill get a quote for you. Ill also try to get a price for the part for you

Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I'm an engineer myself and it is an appliance that I'm currently working on. When I got to it the door wasn't closing properly due to the left hand double microswitch stuck in the closed position. I set the switches back ok and now it closes and all the switches are working but apart from the clock on the display the touch buttons are dead. Just not sure if the problem would be the touch/display board or the main PCB. I suspect the latter but was looking a second opinion or if another engineer had come across this problem before.

Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the info, I understand completely now.

Its a tricky one for sure.
I doubt its the touchpad , Ive never seen one fail.
I have seen a couple of the main boards go.
Sorry that is hardly proof positive, but hope it helps.
Beinterested to know the outcome
All the best
Rob