Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

B7740N0GB/02 ONLY REACHES 79C WHEN 160C IS SELECTED. ELEMENT

Customer Question

B7740N0GB/02 ONLY REACHES 79C WHEN 160C IS SELECTED. ELEMENT CYCLES ON AND OFF.I HAVE TRIED FITTING A NTC TEMP SENSOR. ANY IDEAS?
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Have you checked both elements? As usually when you get a fault like this its one of the elements thats faulty.

.

As in these theres an element at the top and an element at the bottom.

.

Check the resistance of both elements and if one of them is faulty then it needs to be replaced.

.

Check them and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The electronic module is turning off the elements prematurely. There are two electronic modules on this appliance, the power module and the programme module.

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Ok if its doing this then its a control board fault. But i dont have a wiring diagram on these to see how its powered up.

.

So i will opt out and if another expert can help they will jump in.

.