Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

have recently bought a ignis electric hob top plate only, whilst

Customer Question

have recently bought a ignis electric hob top plate only, whilst fitting a 13 amp fused plug I found the cable too thick to connect to the terminals, so I trimmed down the cable to in order to connect, however the hob when switched on went off after heating up to the setting and then repeatedly went on off, can you explain what I have done wrong?
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Can you post the model number please.

Is this a 4 burner hob?

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model number. :AKL359/NE/02
Yes it is a four burner.

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Ok this has to be hard wired to a 32 amp cooker switch im afraid. A 13 amp plug top will just burn out and it can cause a fire.

.

So get the hob hard wired to a 32 amp supply and this should sort it out for you. Let me know how it goes.

.