Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

why is my washing machine not taking the softener

Customer Question

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

If its leaving the softner in the drawer then its more then likely a blocked water chamber in the dispenser roof.

.

Remove the soap box and then look inside the dispenser box at the roof.

Above the section for the softner you will see a few holes.

.

Get some garden tying wire or strimmer wire and poke it into the holes and push it down the back of the dispenser roof.

.

This should clean out the water chamber in the roof and hopefully the water will now be able to flow into the softner section on the rinse.

.

But if this doesnt cure it then the dispenser roof will need to be replaced.

But nearly always poking something into the roof will clear it out.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I had already done the above and wanted to know the next step.

Also would like to know that I have obviously paid £22.00 but do not wish to have a monthly account, I would hope you can let me know

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Ok so you have poked something into the roof of the dispenser to clear the water channels?

.

If you have done all that and its still not taking the softner then its like i said it will need to have the roof of the dispenser replaced. As in the roof of the dispenser is the water channels and if they get blocked up the water doesnt go through them so it doesnt take the softner.

But most of the time pushing strimmer wire into the small holes in the roof above the softner section clear it.

.

But to replace the dispenser top you need to remove the lid of the washer and you will see it there.

Remove the front plastic control panel and you can remove the dispenser top from there and replace it.

.

As to the money side i dont get involved in that i just answer the questions. You need to email customer services from your home page to get them to check it.

.