Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi..........I have a Tricity Bendix BD985 built in oven. The

Customer Question

Hi..........I have a Tricity Bendix BD985 built in oven.

The question I have is that I have to replace the main oven inner door frame with the glass built into it.

What I need to know is how can I remove the frame from the door hinges, as even though there are 2 screws attaching the hinge mechanism to the frame, this still doesn't allow the inner frame door to come away from the oven as the hinge mechanism is bigger than the slots in the frame.

How do I separate the oven inner door from the hinge mechanisms so I can fit a new door?

Is there some simple lever or pin to remove?

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

To remove the outer door glass you need to look on the top of the oven door frame and you will see 2 screws.

Hold the door handle and remove these screws.

.

Then you can pull the door glass away from the from and lift it out from the bottom.

.

Then from there you will be able to remove the door hinges from there and swap them over.

.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

.