Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Bosch dishwasher top rotor not spinning. i have cleared any

Customer Question

Bosch dishwasher top rotor not spinning. i have cleared any debris, if i remove the top basket and open the door mid cycle i can see lots of warer pouring out of the hole which feeds the top rotor.
Rotor spins on its own feels tad loose though.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Can you post the model number please.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

SGS45E02GB/45

i had to run the machine on a cycle last night with dishes just in the lower basket. i again opened the door mid cycle, rotors not turning but water pouring out from the center hole where the rotor is attached to the basket. its as though theres not enough water pressure for the top rotor to move. i can also see water pouring out from the back of the machine where the top basket connects to the water pipe.

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Ok try this and see what happens.

.

Set it going on a wash and when it starts to wash open the door and add a jug of water inside and see if this washes better and let me know.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, i tried adding about 1ltr of water over 3 washes, but this did not make any real difference to the quality of the wash. the top rotor again did notspin as expected.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi, i have resolved the issue on my own, the upper basket had dropped hence the water inlet pipe to the top basket was being fed from the top hole not the lower more direct hole for the upper rotors. i have re seated the upper basket and ran it again twice with near perfect cleaning. i am closing this case as self resolved. thank you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Ok no worries thanks for letting me know and glad to hear you got it sorted.

.