Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

my indesit widl102 washer drier indicates that the door is

Customer Question

my indesit widl102 washer drier indicates that the door is not locked but it is. It starts as normal and makes a filling or pump noise but after about half a minutes it stops and the door lock indicator starts flashing (red) and the pump or filling noise stops. I then have to wait before I can open the door (as per normal). The drier indicator green light also comes on at the same time as the door lock red indicator.
I checked the belt and that seems to be ok and the filter to make sure that's not blocked.
I have a feeling it's the controller board and have been advised that they are expensive and then have to be set up with a specific programmer making it uneconomical to get it repaired. Although I've had it I suppose about 11 years it's in ready good nick with no rust. It cost about £450 new so provided it's not too expensive I wouldn't mind paying for a repair - it seems such a waste otherwise. I have bought a replacement in the meantime but really the cheapest machine I could find because I'm a pensioner now.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.

.

When you get this kind of fault you need to check the carbon brushes in the back of the motor. As if they have worn down you will get this fault were the door locks but it wont start or it will but stop shortly after starting and the door lock light comes on.

.

To access them you need to remove the back panel and from there remove the motor from the bottom. At the back either side are the carbon brushes. Take these out and see if they have worn down. If so then they will need to be replaced.

.

So check them and if worn replace them and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed that should cure it.

.

Let me know how it goes.

.