Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Hotpoint Washer/Dryer Model WD61 and the door wont

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint Washer/Dryer Model WD61 and the door won't open. There is NO water in it but no water entered when I switched it on with the clothes inside. It went 'clonk' stopped and the light went out. THe fuse had gone. That was replaced and the machine will run but no water pumping in.

Please advise.
Mary xxxxx in Worthing, West Sussex
[email protected]

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear XXXXX,

Is your other name Rozbee? Thank you for finally responding. I was getting worried by having the computer on all day yesterday so tried phoning again today. Was told the centre is closed until Tuesday. Then I started phoning friends: One told me he never had good responses or help from Hotpoint and advised me to go and speak to Curry's. Today my neighbour said it is best for the professionals to come up with the solution. He said you need a person who knows how to unlock the seal inside and who can remove the front of the machine to get at that. It would be unwise to try to force the door. At least I am glad that you have acknowledged my existence and my problem. The machine runs without water but to find the reason that the water does not flow must need the correct mechanic that can get inside. Meanwhile I am without my clothes locked inside. I am a pensioner and an old one at that so such things really bother me. Shall I call my plumber to come and work on it? It is expensive to pay $33 and just sit for over a day looking at the computer screen when I was made to believe that a named expert, Roxbee, was standing by. Now you want more information! What specific information do you want?

Anxiously awaiting your further reply/response.

Mary xxxxx

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear XXXXX,

I did reply to the above missive from you yesterday but it's no longer on the screen!! I kept a copy of it myself on paper. I said I could not understand why it is taking so long to find a professional when my initial contact with your website said there was an expert standing by! I also said I am getting very concerned by the lack of meaningful service from you.

Mary xxxxx

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mary,

There's not much I can do I'm afraid, I'm merely a moderator who takes care of the categories.

I can offer a refund, of course, if you'd like it

Let me know,

Adam
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear moderator Adam,

I shall wait until tomorrow and the return to a normal working week and hope for better luck with your professionals when they are back at work?

Mary xxxxx

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear XXXXX or whoever is the moderator this morning.

I have kept an eye on my emails this morning Tuesday, 28th May since 8:30 a.m. but not a word from you. Surely now that the weekend is over you can offer me the advice I paid $33 for.

Mary xxxxx

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Relist: Other. I have not yet after 3 & 1/2 days had a professional answer to my request for their advice having paid $33 for it. I am a pensioner almost 80 years old and need to be able to access my unwashed clothes from my Hotpoint WD61 machine but the door remains locked!

Mary xxxxx

[email protected]
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question. Do you still need help?

.

If so what happens if you set it to a spin will the drum turn or does it make any noises?

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did reply but my message has disappeared. I hope you have received it.

Mary xxxxx