Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Re: Condensor Tumble Dryer Hotpoint AQCF 852 BU, Hi there,

Customer Question

Re: Condensor Tumble Dryer Hotpoint AQCF 852 BU,

Hi there, my tumble dryer (only 3 years old-ish) is not working. When you switch it on, it sounds like its working, but the drum isn't turning and the clothes aren't drying. Do you know how to fix this?
Many thanks,
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

When you set it going do you hear the motor kick in or do you hear a humming noise?

.

Also if you open the door and turn the drum by hand does it turn very easily or is there resistance when you turn it?

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi there,

When you set it going, you hear the motor kick in and it just sounds normal really.

Turning the drum by hand is easy - not met with resistance.

Thanks for helping,

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Ok its more then likely the belt has snapped.

.

What you need to do is remove the top and there you will see the drum. Check to see if the belts still there. If so lift it up and see if its snapped.

.

If so then the belt needs to be replaced. To do this you need to remove the front panel of the dryer and feed the belt onto the drum and motor from there.

.

Check it out if you can and see what you find. But from what you say i think its going to be a snapped belt here.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I think you have been dealing with my wife Anna up till now. I took the top off and could only see the drum which was enclosed and attached to the back panel, I then took one panel off the back and tried to take another one off, but even having taken all screws out, it felt as if it was welded to the back panel. I obviously didn't force it off as didn't want to make things worse.

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Sorry for the delay.

.

What you need to do on these is remove both side panels. You will see the screws on the back holding the side on.

.

You will see the motor on the right hand side. So lossen the screws on the side support bars on the side then you can pull the back away a bit then there will be enough room to feed the new belt down the front of the drum.

.

Then refit the left hand side panel.

.

Now you need to remove the fan cover on the left of the motor.

Then remove the fan by undoing the spring clip inside the fan.

Then you can slide the belt onto the motor and then around the pully.

.

Then refit the fan and cover.

.

Sorry about the info about taking the front. That was for a vented dryer not a condenser dryer.

.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

.