Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Diplomat APM 6842 Fridge/Freezer and the refridgerator

Customer Question

I have a Diplomat APM 6842 Fridge/Freezer and the refridgerator section gets wet and has to be mopped out, what is the problem? and do I need an engineer?
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

If the bottom of the fridge inside is collecting water then the drain hole at the back will be blocked.

.

What you need to do is empty the bottom half of the fridge.

Then look on the back wall inside towards the bottom you will see the drain channel. In the middle is a small hole.

.

Get some strimmer wire and poke it down that hole. Push it as far as it will go.

Once clear test it by poreing a bit of water in there and make sure it drains away.

.

Once thats all clear this will cure the fault and stop the water from leaking into the bottom of the fridge.

.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

.