Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

which glue for door gasket to outer drum and detergent pipe

Customer Question

which glue for door gasket to outer drum and detergent pipe to same
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Not sure what you mean in your question. Can you explain a bit more please.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

On dismantling this washing machine to change main bearings and door seal which I believe you refer to as door gasket. ( Part number 41008482)

This is a machine we have had from new and never had any previous work on it.

The door gasket apart from being held onto the outer pastic drum with the long wire clip that is tightened with the two approx 7mm set screws and nuts with little coil spring on set screw, it was also glued/sealed stuck to the outer plastic drum with some form of glue/sealant/mastic like stuff. This is non hard setting remaining very elastic as it must, to enable you to remove old door gasket.

It is the same stuff that seals the rubber tube that goes from the detergent drawer to the front of the plastic outer drum. This tube/hose/pipe is marked number 41008448. Again it remains soft and pliable enough so you can remove the tube and glue, seal, stick a new one in position.

This is the only two places in the whole machine were any form of sticky is used.

I have been told that it is some sort of mastic by people just guessing but I want to know which sort especially as the word mastic is used these days in the same way as Hoover and Biro are used.

Hope all this helps.

From Richard Wilson Telephone if necessary and I will ring you straight back. 07974 762229

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

did you get my responce