Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a BOSCH WFL2000 washing machine which stopped draining

Customer Question

I have a BOSCH WFL2000 washing machine which stopped draining and completing its cycle. I've replaced the pump but now get a loud clicking when I switch on. This discourages me from trying to run the machine on a cycle. Any advice much appreciated. Miinap
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Is the noise a constant clicking noise?

Were abouts is the clicking noise coming from?

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Washerman

I've been trying to to respond via the website page but I keep getting message saying 'server hangup', so also sent an email.

The clicking has evolved into a continual buzzing when I turn on the machine. This noise comes from the control panel at the top front of the machine.

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

I was getting the same message yesterday. I think the site may have had a problem.

.

What you can try is remove the top and check the mains filter at the back. This is the part were the power cable enters. Make sure all the wiirng blocks are fully pushed on tight.

.

Then if thats fine go to the control board on the back of the plastic panel.

Check the wiring blocks on there. Disconnect the blocks and refit them.

As loose wiring blocks can cause this.

.

Then retry the washer and see what happens.

.

Let me know how it goes.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry not to have come back earlier. The machine now runs but does not spin. Does that mean the brushes need replacing? If so I can try that when I get a chance. Not sure if that will mean I have to remove the motor. Any tips much appreciated.

Will

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

If the drum isnt turning then its more then likely the brushes in the motor.

.

But im afraid yes you need to remove the motor. You can try and do it underneath if you can access it but its quite difficult to get at the left brush.

.