Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a whirlpool washine machine, and it is reading an F

I have a whirlpool washine machine, and it is reading an F 02 fault the serial no is 8570 088 15001 - AWM 9100/1
Any ideas please

Patricia
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

F02 error code means water has leaked into the base.

.

What you need to do is either pull the washer out and lean it 45 degs backwards as this will allow the water to drain out form the bottom.

.

Or you need to remove the lower cover on the front. If you look at the very bottom of that cover there will be 3 screws holding it on. Remove them and then you can remove tha bottom cover. Then you can soak the water up from the base.

.

Once its cleared the error code should reset itself and the washer should start again.

.

So try that and see what happens and let me know.

.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Tried what you suggested but it is still the same, water does not seem to be empting from the machine

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Sorry for the delay.

Is the washer still full of water?

If so if you set it to a spin cycle do you hear the pump run?

If not is there a humming noise from the bottom?

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There is a huming noise at the bottom, and it is now coming up with 5 ud

sorry for the delay but I was working late

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Not sure what the 5ud is saying its picking up to much soap suds in there.

.

Also doubled checked the error code and im sorry on this model F02 is a draining error code.

.

What you need to do is open the little door at the bottom in the middle and there you will see the filter.

Also you will see a small hose. Get a bowl and open the cap of the hose and drain the water out from there.

.

Once empty you need to unscrew the filter and then clear out any debris in there. Then look inside the chamber were the filter goes and at the back you will see the pump impeller X shape. Check this isnt blocked up as well.

.

Once its all clear refit the filter and retry the washer and see how it goes from there.

.

But from the error codes on the display this is going to be a draining issue here.

.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 4 years ago.
Are you still looking for help on this ??
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have finally got the problem sorted, there was a colour catcher which had gone into the drain pipe, which in turn had caused a build up of soap powder. Thank you so much for your advice.

Patricia

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Nice one glad to hear you got it sorted and thanks for letting me know.

.