Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch Classix 7 tumble dryer I want to remove a ventilator

Customer Question

Bosch Classix 7 tumble dryer
I want to remove a ventilator cover at the bottom to clean it - it is a flat fitting bit of plastic - how do I do this?
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Can you post the model number please.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Classixx 7
Is that what you mean? Where is the model no?
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Thats just the range of dryer. If you open the door there will be a sticker on the inside and it will start with E-nr.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
WTE84105GB/38
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Ok looking at this that cover is a clip fit.

Get a butter knife or a flat screwdriver and insert it into the top of that cover in each corner and thre will be a clip you push with the screwdriver or knife.

.

Do this and at the same time pull it and it should pull out from the top and lift it out from the bottom.

.

Try that and see what happens.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have tried that - but it does not come out - I afraid of breaking it off! I will try again tonight.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

No worries try agaon later and let me know how it goes. As looking in the service manual its just showing it clipped into place.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have tried it - although it did open three of the flaps snapped off. There were three of them, apparently - and near impossible to locate with the knife- scratched the side as I was doing it as well. :-(
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Sorry to hear you had trouble getting it off. But that's the only way you can do these is by the clips at the top.

.