Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I own zanussi washing machine fj1254w. It has an intermittent

I own zanussi washing machine fj1254w. It has an intermittent fault in that somtimes when I is set going it just fills half up with water and the start button light then continually flashes. I then have to reset it to empty it.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

Adam

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'll wait a short while

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.
.

Ok lets see what the error code is.

.

To do this turn the washer off

Press and hold the start and reset buttons in

Keep them held in and turn the washer on

Once the leds start to flash/scroll let go of the buttons.

.

Now press the fabrics button untill the 40 deg led is lit/

Now look at the row of leds on the far right going down. Number them from top to bottom with 1 at the top.

Let me know which are lit up.

.

Then turn the washer off then on then back off again.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi. No's. 3,4,& 6 flash, tried it twice to confirm,

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Sorry this isn't good news. Im afraid that error code is E34 which can be a number of things here.

It can be either the main pressure switch, electronic pressure switch, wiring or the control board.

If im honest for this error code 70% of the time its the control board at fault.

What you can try first is pull the washer out and remove the top.

From there locate the pressure switches on the right, Usually under the center support bar.

Check the wiring on them and make sure they are fully pushed on tight.

If that's fine then its either the board or pressure switchs at fault. But its a case of replaceing parts to see.

But the control board on these is very expensive and given the age of the washer sometimes its not worth fixing. As the board itself is £120. Plus on these older washers you need to program the new board up as well as the boards are sold blank. It will come with programming instruction for it though.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.