Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

having problem with my leisure american style fridge freezer.

Customer Question

having problem with my leisure american style fridge freezer. thr bottom of the fridge seems to be freezing everything and the freezer isnt freezing also the water is not working but there is no error showing up on front screen
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

What you describe is classic symptoms of the fan in the freezer not running.

As it's not cold enough at the ice maker, it won't make ice.

Unplug the appliance.

Take the rear panels inside the freezer out (the fan is in the upper half of the compartment so you need to take the ice maker out).

Once you gain access, you'll need to test the fan and see if it's burned out.

Normally, a new fan sorts it out.

check it out see how it goes and let me know.

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi have turned off freezer is it black in colour have taken out the ice box is it the big whire compatment with lots of screws in it??

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, don't understand the Black in colour bit.

Can you post the model number?

It should be on a label inside the fridge or freezer compartment.

The ice maker is the large unit at the top front of the freezer compartment.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THE MODEL NUMBER IS APL13963B.It does not tell you where it is located

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

Unfortunately, I don't have service information on this particular model.

The diagnosis will be the same though, however, I can't advise on how to get the panels off.

I'll opt out of the question and open it to all again.

See if anyone has the information to help you further.

Good luck with it.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

.

Sorry for the delay do you still need help on this?

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi yes I still need help in locating where the fan is

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

.

Ok the fan is at the top of the freezer behind the ice maker.

.

So im afraid you need to remove the ice maker unit from there.

.

So take the ice bucket out.

Then remove the cover in the roof of the freezer on the right were the wires are going.

Then remove the screws holding the ice maker to the side wall and disconnect the wiring block.

Then remove the ice motor below that held on by 2 screws either side and unwire this as well.

.

With all that off you will see the back cover at the top. Remove the screw and pull that panel off.

Then remove the ploystrine in there and then you will be able to access the fan motor in there.

.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

oh god i dont know if i am confident enough to do all that without breaking something its sounds difficult,are them parts expensive and do i need a professional to put it in

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

.

The fan itself is about £30 as these are made by Beko so parts are quite cheap compared to other brands.

.

But it is a bit of a strip down to access this but once the screws are out its not that bad to remove.

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

should the fan go when evrything is taken out from the freezer to get to the fan or how do we test that ity is not working

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Not sure what you mean by ''should the fan go when evrything is taken out from the freezer to get to the fan''

As to testing the fan you need a multi meter and test the resistance of it. If theres no resistance then its faulty or turn the fan by hand and if its stiff to turn then its faulty and again needs to be replaced.