Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a built in Hotpoint LST 216A, but the door will not

Customer Question

I have a built in Hotpoint LST 216A, but the door will not close at all, though it will with some force. Any ideas? Is there any adjustment on it? Thanks. David
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Sorry for the delay do you still need help on this?

.

If so have you tried taking both the baskets out from inside and see if the door will close then?

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for the delay as had to go in hospital for 2 days.

I've tried re- seating and positioning the basket with any success.

Any further ideas, as something seems to be stopping the door closing at all without a lot of effort and force

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

Ok if the baskets are fine then its possibley the door latch has flipped over. If you pull the door down and look on the door at the top you will see the hole were the door latch is in.

Have a look in there and see if you can see the latch is sitting correctly. It should look like a U if you can make it out.

If its not then get 2 small screwdrivers 1 either side of the latch and prise it forwards and see if it resets.

If you cannot do it that way then you need to remove the outer door panel and from there you can access the latch that way and reset it from there.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK thanks, will do

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

.

No worries speak soon.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry for delay. I'm in Doncaster and the dishwasher is in my daughter's place in Essex, so I'm waiting for her to get back to me!!

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
That's fine, theres no rush on this.