Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Dear Zanussi technician I have a 1 year old zanussi fridge

Customer Question

Dear Zanussi technician
I have a 1 year old zanussi fridge freezer zrb638fw
It has recently started to make a ticking noise like a clock
This stops when it is turned off. The appliance and it is still working and keeping the food cold
Can you let me know what this is and how I can remedy it
Jim Hewes
Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.

Hi Jim,
Can you tell me where the ticking seem to be coming from?
Also exactly how when you purchased the unit? So I check warranty status for you.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The ticking seems to be coming from the back of the appliance, it almost sounds as if the pump is working extra hard? It is usually quite quiet but can be noisy.

It was bought at Gardiner Haskins in Bristol on 16th June 2012 by credit card

I don't think I took out an extended warranty

Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.

Hi Jim usually this is the fan that cools the compressor.
But to be sure you would need to remove the rear lower cover and see if you can locate this exactly.
It could be something else but its likely not a serious problem. But in any case keep up with me so I can help you further.
Also if you rate me in a positive fashion, it will ensure the question will not close nor will it cost you any further and I will be able to schedule free follow ups with you so we can work on this until this problem is solved:-)
Thank you Jim.
Tech Mike