Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

Hi I have a Siemens E12-46 washing machine sometimes it stops

Customer Question

Hi I have a Siemens E12-46 washing machine sometimes it stops and bleeps f-16 .Can you please tell me if its serious
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 4 years ago.

The F-16 code means that the washing machine thinks that the door is not closed properly. If you push the door closed it should clear and continue. There could be a number of reasons for this:

1. Loose door.
2. Loose or faulty latch.
3. Gunk in the door/latch.
4. Temporary glitch in the sensor - turning the machine off at the mains wall socket for 60 secs may clear this.
5. Faulty sensor.

I hope that helps, but if not let me know and I'll investigate further.

Best Regards,

Did my suggestions help resolve the issue, or do you need any further assistance?

Best Regards,