Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Just over 3 years ago I bought a HOTPOINT freezer Model FZ150PR.

Customer Question

Just over 3 years ago I bought a HOTPOINT freezer Model FZ150PR. A few months ago a fault started when the alarm indicator light started flashing. Following the manufactures instructions the temperature control knob was turned to the off After a few minutes wait turned back on and the problem had stopped. A few days later again flashing warning light Again the same course of action was taken with again success. but yet again and again the same happened with the same results. Eventualy of course the flashing light would be back on in a matter of minutes. We had to remove all food and left the freezer switched off but no matter how long it was left off the flashing light came back on within minutes. When tried yet again and again to see if been off had helped the situation (any port in a storm !) there was no luck. IS THERE ANY HOPE?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Sorry to hear about your problem, there is hope,
but unfortunately this problem is the main control board.
it is easy to replace. Most anyone can do this with a few basic tools.
I will help you through this and tell you where to get it.
Please let me know what you would like to do?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael yes please help me. Where can I get the control board ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Again a very l o n g wait for a reply WELL OVER 1 hour more like 6 hours or !!!! MORE !!!!!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What has happened ? another DAY GONE BY and NO reply

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Keith there have been site problems the last couple of days, I am truly sorry for the delay.

here is a great sites to get that. They are usually very good and fast as well:-)
Please let me know if you need my help with the install?
Also if you rate me as good service or better, our question will not time out and we can remain in contact until this repair is complete.
I will also then be able to schedule free follow ups with you and I will do that. The link you need is just below this message, please dont forget to rate!
tech Michael

http://www.4hotpoint.co.uk/fridge-freezer-spares/catalogue.pl?path=52514
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI, I think there is some information MISSING in your reply. There is a large space and the next line starts as if HALF WAY through a sentence ?? Should there be a name or a referance number of the part required?

Could you also confirm that it is certain that this is the part required?

AN ANSWER SOON PLEASE. Keith

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Keith, I'm really sorry but there has been site issues causing the delays.
But no the full message is there, I just like leave some space before posting a link, it makes it easier for you read;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I really dont know where this is going

I put in "main control board" for model FZ150P on the spares page and got 25 different answers!!! ALL CALLED "control board" I cannot see how I can progress with out some definitive direction.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Keith, Im not sure who had answered you if it wasn't me I really am sorry but the site has been having issues, even sometimes can see you question but cant get to it. It is frustrating to say the least.
Please let me know what happened after you replaced the board.
Thank you for your patience:-)
tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI. I have NOT GOT a replacement "board." I do not know what to order.

I cannot get the right answer when I enter "MAINS CONTROL BOARD"
It will open a list of spares but not a "board" named like above which is how you named the part I needed last Friday. It would appear I need the correct description! and information that this is the part required. PLEASE.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Keith you really should call them with the model # of the fridge.
They can then tell you what you need.
Please let me know if they have a phone #, where you can talk to them.
With the full model# they should easily be able to tell you.
If not, i will find another source for you:-)
Thank you for your patience, the site here is a mess at the moment with upgraded etc going on.
Michael