Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

I have a tall, freestanding larder fridge. Water is running

Customer Question

I have a tall, freestanding larder fridge. Water is running out at the bottom. What can be causing this?
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 4 years ago.

Plumbers_Mate : Can you pull the fridge out and look at the back at the bottom and see if the water is coming from the plastic tray?
JACUSTOMER-d3rz6c8i- :

I am afraid that I am unable to move the fridge, but I can see behind it. The water is not coming out at the back but at the front on each side. I have taken out the drawer and found water coming under the drawer and dripping down. The drainage channels do not appear to be blocked. I also checked to ensure that nothing was touching the back wall. There also appears to be water inside the rubber seal round the door.

The drainage channels should run to a hole at the rear and then through into the tray underneath where the water evaporates.
You should check the line all the way through to the tray
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do I check the drainage channel?

Is this something that is likely to happen when the fridge is working hard in hot weather?

You get more water in hot weather when you open the door and the hot air goes in it has to work harder.
Do you have a small hole at the rear of the fridge at the bottom, the water should be ale to go out there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Good morning

Once again there was water under the fridge. Water appears to be standing in the drainage hole inside the back of the fridge at the bottom. I have soaked up as much as possible using tissue, but don't know how to clean the channel.

You could use a small brush or a toothpick to clear the hole.
Let me know if it doesn't work