drcool299
drcool299, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been an Appliance tech for the past 15 years. Worked on most of the branded appliances.
11923974

have a rangemaster sxs black freezer works ok but no cooling

Customer Question

have a rangemaster sxs black freezer works ok but no cooling in refrigerator
Expert:  drcool299 replied 4 years ago.

drcool299 :

Hello, Can we have the complete model number please? Do you notice frost accumulating inside the freezer side back wall? May I know how you were able to check the refrigerant level? May I know what valve are you talking about? Can you post a picture of the valve? Please use the paper clip icon on the lower box where you would type your reply. Please use jpeg file and please make it smaller in size so it would be easier to upload. Thanks.

JACUSTOMER-7fy7tt8b- :

that is the model number sxs black serial no. XXXXXXXXXX the panel says f3 for fridge i am a fridge engineer on comercial refigeration so checked refrigerant no frost at back of freezer and is at -18 diverter valve is to divert gas to refrigerator

drcool299 :

Hello, there could still be a model number that could be in a sticker on the side walls of the fridge side.

drcool299 :

So you have a solenoid valve that diverts refrigerant to the fridge side. You can try looking at the evaporator of the fridge and see if the coil is frosting up. it would tell us if there is refrigerant going to the fridge side.

drcool299 :

Usually, this coil could 12 v dc. I am not sure but you have a digital controller so there is a big chance you have a 12 v dc coil on the solenoid valve. Try to measure the resistance as well, it might help us determine what voltage could be used.