Anthony F.
Anthony F., Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience as appliance repair technician.
34633555

HII HAVE AN ADMIRAL GC2227CDFB i HAVE

Customer Question

HI I HAVE AN ADMIRAL GC2227CDFB i HAVE ORDERED A NEW DEFROST HEATER AND WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE ON HOW TO REMOVE THE OLD ONE AND FIT THE NEW ONE. i HAVE UNPUGGED THE FRIDGE AND IT AS BEEN OFF FOR A FEW DAYS I HAVE DISCONNECTED THE INTERNAL ELECTRICS FOR THE PART AND CAN SEE HOW THE THERMOSTAT UNCLIPS. THE UNIT SEEMS TO BE HELD BY WIRE TIES WHICH DO NOT SEEM TO BE REMOVABLE OTHER THAN CUTTING. DO I NEED TO LOOSEN THE ALUMINIUM COOLING PART TO REMOVE THIS PART ? IF SO PLEASE ADVISE HOW . I AM CONCERNED ABOUT DAMAGING IT. THANK YOU SIMON XXXXXXXX

AS i have not had an answer yet. I wish to cancel the question. I have now resolved the question myself.

Thank you. I assume no charge will be takenas you stated this wold not hapen unles i was 100% satisfied. Obviously as i havent had an answer i am not satified

Expert:  Anthony F. replied 4 years ago.

AnthonysTV :

yes you do need to cut the ties and replace with new

AnthonysTV :

as for removing the old heater you can if you cant get the old heater out just install the new one right next to the old one it will work fine and the old heater will do nothing the trick is to get the new heater around the evap coil and across the bottom

AnthonysTV :

good luck