Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Panasonic NV DS33B DV camera. The casette holder wont

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic NV DS33B DV camera. The casette holder won't open when I open the cover/door. Why is this?
Roger
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Adam

Yes I'm ok to wait longer for an answer.

Roger

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Adam

Please see my previous resonse. I am fine to wait longer.

Roger

Expert:  drcool299 replied 3 years ago.
Hello Roger,

May I ask if the unit is still recording?

If the tape can be fast forwarded or rewinded?

Is the unit still playing what ever is recorded in the tape?

And your only problem is that it won't eject?

I would wait for your response. Thank you for using this service.

-
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no tape in the unit, so no recording rewinding etc. The problem is that the mechanism won't open to put a tape in.

Expert:  drcool299 replied 3 years ago.
Hello Roger,

Thank you for those info.

So if there is no tape inside, then what I am thinking is not applicable.
I was thinking that the tape could have tangled with the mechanism that is why it would not open up the cover.
I have seen a lot of those problem on cassette tapes and VCR as well as Betamax machines before.

In my opinion, if there is no tape inside, then the mechanism to open the cover fail.
It could if fail on its motor, if it is motorized, it could fail on a belt, if it uses a belt, or lit cold be a problem with the electronic circuits that opens the cover.

I am sorry if I were not able to correct your problem. I am just suggesting that you should bring the unit to an authorized dealer that could open up the unit through another way to access the mechanism of the cover to find out what could be wrong with it.

Thank you very much for using this service.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks again for your help.

Amazingly, after trying so many things so many times, it opened halfway then with a bit of help it opened fully. Maybe it was just a bit dry from lack of use.

Anyway now my problem is it won't playback on the TV properly. I now have a new high quality AV lead (i.e. jack to DV cam, 3-jack (yellow/red/white) to hd TV) but playback is intermittent and mega-distorted when it does happen. The manual for the DV cam says the AV lead should go into a '21 pin adapter' (Panasonic part VFA0151), basically an AV to Scart adapter. When I tried to find one online the search came up with an aftermarket tech supplier which had what looked like the right thing (AV to Scart) but with only 7 pins in the SCART. Is this the right thing? Is it going to make it work?

Roger

Expert:  drcool299 replied 3 years ago.
Hello Roger,

That is good to know. It finally open up.

Anyway, I can't seems to find your manual but as far as I know, if the display is distorted, there is a big chance that the system is not compatible with respect to operating system of the video signal.

In other words, you could have recorded in a PAL system where as you are playing it to an NTSC TV or vice versa.

Please double check this because all I know is that if you have the cable from camera to TV, then it should work with any TV that has an input of the three Jack( yellow, red and white) as long as they are using the same system.

I am not familiar with the 21 pin adapter ( AV to scart adapter).
This could be the converter if the signal and the TV are not the same( I am not sure), but if you are telling me that physically, it should have a 21 pin on the SCart and you could only find a 7 pin, then I would say it would not work.

-