Anthony F.
Anthony F., Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience as appliance repair technician.
34633555

Bosch Dishwasher SG145E16GB is showing check water. When pulled

Customer Question

Bosch Dishwasher SG145E16GB is showing check water. When pulled out and tilted forward it starts to work then after a time during cycle it stops and check water light is on again.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

There are a few possible causes for this.

Unplug the appliance.

Take it out and take the left side panel off (viewed from the front).

You'll see the large metering tank and the smaller pressure chamber there.

Are they blocked up at all?

There will be a red rod near the front of the pressure chamber.

Is this rod raised, pressing on the micro switch?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for that, unfortunately I work away from home and I am about to leave so I will not be able to look at this again until next weekend

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

No problem, just post when you can.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a look and I cannot see a red rod near the front of ay chamber, To clarify the metering tank is the big plastic tank on left side with several water connection one being the inlet supply. In the inlet hose there is a circular piece that has the water go through it and the output goes to the inlet of the metering tank, this has an electrical connection on it. There seems to be no blockage.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, there are 2 numbers after GB/ in the E-Nr number.

What are the 2 numbers?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

29

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

Different to the model I was looking at.

On your machine, it has a mushroom shaped item inside.

This lifts if the machine overfills.

Take the side panels off and check to see if there is any water in the base.

This activates the switch for the anti flood and lights the Check Water.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have found the mushroom shape item and when I look at the left hand side the extreme right of the metering tank there is a shaped tank that has 2 hoses connected to it, this is at the front looking from door, This has water in it about half way up on the left hand part of this area. There is also water in the centre of the metering tank.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

You misunderstand.

It's not water inside the metering tank you are looking for, it's water in the base of the machine.

Take the side panels off, tilt the machine toward the left side and see if there's water.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tilted the machine towards the left and no water

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, had to go out on a job.

OK, run the machine, is it working at the moment?

How far into the wash does it get?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Have run it on a short cycle and when it gets to 1 it carries on running, its 6 minutes now, no sign yet of check water.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

For a check water fault it shouldn't matter which program is used.

Can you explain more on the "when it gets to 1"?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Yes it just keeps running, I opened the door and it stopped and there was no water in the bottom, when I closed the door again it started with a 1 in the window then it changed to 32 and is running as we speak. It did the same when it got to 1 carried on running when I stopped it other than dripping water there was not any in the bottom.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, are you looking for water inside the part you put the dishes in or in the base?

It's the base you should be checking, not inside the tub.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

I tried a variety of programmes and it looked okay until I tried the normal programme we use, its 155 minutes and after 132 it stopped with check water and the bottom is full of water. How do I get into the base as I do not know how?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
As I said earlier, take the side panels off.

If you mean inside is full of water, and not the base, then I'd be looking at the drainage side.

Sorry, I'll have to opt out of your question now as I'm going offline.

Hope someone else can help
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 3 years ago.
These Machines have a leak deection system
there is a false plastic basin under the washer and if the machine leaks it fills the basin which then trips a safety switch and STOPS the machine from running
this is consisant with you saying you tip it ad it works
so it souds like you have a leak under the machine