Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Karcher Pressure Washer - loss of pressure,leaking water from

Customer Question

Karcher Pressure Washer - loss of pressure,leaking water from body of Kercher - who can repair
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi sorry to hear about this problem.
Just about any auto repair shop can do this for you if it is bad fitting.
If the body is leaking, your best bet is to take this to any shop that specializes in TIG or even MIG welding. They can seal this up for you good as new:-)
Since this may take some time or you may need me further, if you will rate my service today as good or better The system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you so your question will not close or time out and we will be able to work together no matter how long it takes to solve this issue.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi - unfortunately I am not quite clear what you mean - I live in Edinburgh, Scotland and do not understand what TIG or MIG mean.

I am elderly and am really just trying to find a company name and telephone number to contact.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Margaret,
MIG and TIG are two types of welding excellent for fixing this.
The best of the two would be TIG, its a smaller scale and can do a good job of getting into tight spots.
Depending exactly where the leak is they may need to disassemble the unit a bit to have a clear shot at this.
What you can do is search for any local welding shop, they will know what I mean and for sure they will know how to fix this for you:-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Yellow Pages shows three options under Welders ;

Pipework Contractors

Stainless SteelMetalWorks

Steel Fabrications

which one would be best?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Margaret Probably you will need to check around because you don't need anything big, its small project.
Lots of auto repair stations could do this for you as well because they do welding, but its a matter of whether they want to do it for you.
Where I live in the US we have many small welding shops.
Your best bet is to call some of what you found and ask them who would do this for you.
Unfortunately the only way to fix this is by welding due to the high pressure.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks I will try phoning tomorrow

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome Margaret.
Since this may take some time if you will rate my service today as good or better The system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you so your question will not close or time out and we will be able to work together no matter how long it takes to solve this issue.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tech Michael

I tried to 'phone the people in yellow pages, but that was no help whatsoever - I gave up and have bought a new Karcher.

I honestly feel that you were no help at all, but am loath to put down a bad rating. I thank you, but sorry you did not help

best regards

Margaret

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Sorry you couldnt find a welder for this but thats is what needs to be done.
Thank you for not rating me bad or poor.
You can just not rate if you want I appreciate that:-)
Have a great day.
Tech Michael