Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

can you answer a question on a singer sewing machine

Customer Question

Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

What is the problem you are having exactly?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have a singer sewing machine. I used it yesterday then it just stopped and broke the needle. I have looked at it today and the bobbing suttle is not moving therefore it will not thread the bobbin to let me stich. I have put oil on the cog but it is still not moving. is there anything else I can try?

Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
The hook does not turn at all? when you turn the main shaft pulley?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

when you turn it manual the needle goes up and down but the suttle is not moving

Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
Okay, do you have the model number of the sewing machine?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Singer 378

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes it is Singer 378

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes again it is Singer 378

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have been waiting for some time can you help?

Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry I called away for a little while, when you tip the head back, there should be a clutch that is driven by a belt on the right hand side of the machine.. DO you see it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am not happy with the response please do not take any money from my account

Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
Have a nice day