Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an AEG Food Centre model no: S7380KGO, Serial No: LA31020652.

Customer Question

I have an AEG Food Centre model no: S7380KGO, Serial No: LA31020652. Appliance is not producing ice. Freezer cavity temp -18. Fridge cavity temp +4. When selecting ice cube/crush, the motor is energised, but no ice/crush is produced. We lost the ice cube selection on the fascia control panel a number of months ago, and only produced crushed ice, but now producing no ice. How can you advise me please.
Regards,
Taff & El
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

When you press for ice do you hear the little flap in the door open up to allow the ice to pass through the door?

If you open the freezer door and look into the ice chute do you see any ice cubes in there?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The flap does make a noise, but there is no ice in the container, it is completely empty.

If I remove the jack plug from the back what sort of resistance values am I looking across the motor or anything else in that system

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Is it the ice flap you need to know?

Now I do have the service manual for this appliance and it tells you all the resistance readings and how to check and remove parts.

If you want this let me know and I can upload it for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is not a system issue, there does not seem to be any cable between the console in the front of the freezer door, how is the information processed?

If you could upload the manual, it would be appreciated, would it be possible to speak to you personally (I am a service engineer by profession, but I do not deal with food centres)

Taff & El

P.S. My home phone number is 01558 668 397, I will ring you back if necessary.

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

The cable for the freezer control goes up through the door through the top hinge.

Ive uploaded the service manual so click the link below and follow the instructions and then you can download and save it. Its quite a big file.

Click here for service manual

You need from page 67 as that shows you that control unit.

And yes you can still get back to me if you need anymore info. I thought if you are a service engineer the manual will help you a lot here.