Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi Bosch just answer. I am having trouble working out how to

Customer Question

Hi Bosch just answer. I am having trouble working out how to fix my Bosch classixx dishwasher. When I start the cycle it fills with water and then starts to drain it out. The cycle is stuck at the start.
I have tried various things to cure this. I don't think there are any blockages. I have just got the impeellor jug off and it looked ok and clean. When I put it back together it behaved just the same. Can you help please?!
Expert:  meddy2013 replied 3 years ago.

meddy2013 :

Hi im Richard do you still require assistance?

JACUSTOMER-j2cxlqkw- :

Yes. Thats what I asked the question for.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi may we have the full model # so we can assist you properly?
Also can you explain the problem more in depth, exactly what the DW is doing.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI Micheal

Thanks for getting back to me. All I have for the Model is the Bosch 'Classixx' written on the front. It also says Maxx (TM) freedom performance. I will double check the model.

Basically when you start the programme the machine begins to fill and then the 'check water; light comes on. I think it fills completely and then it starts to empty the water. The cycle stays at the start.

I have cleaned the bottom of the inside of the dishwashter and I have taken the sides and top off and checked the impellor jug by taking that off and blowing in and checking for obstructions. Thats what it said to do on another diagnostic website.

Do you have any more suggestions. Please ask anymore questions you have.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi please check the float switch at the bottom inside the dishwasher, you may need a meter to be sure if it is actually working or not.
Also you may have a stuck solenoid flapper inside the pump housing.
Let me know what you find.
If that is not the trouble you may have a bad Timer board.
But let me know:-)
Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Micheal.

Thanks for that. Could you describe the float switch.? Is that the filter type thing where the water first enters the machine? I don't have a meter!

Also, the solenoid flapper, is that the red thing that goes up and down as the machine fills and empties. ?

Andy

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

HI Andy let me do some research for you but you may need a meter if the float switch seems ok.
It may have failed internally as well.
I will be back with you in the morning when the site I need is open again, sorry for that delay.
Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Micheal

Any luck with your searches?!

Andy

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI Micheal.

Any more help available? Anything that I can go on?

Andy

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi Andy,

Sorry for the delay, I'll send Michael a message to let him know you're waiting on him.

Adam
Expert:  JMKlemish replied 3 years ago.

The problem your dw is having is due to the pressure assembly (normally blue) located on the left side of the unit. The pressure switch has three settings, empty and full on one switch and over fill on the other. the switch is most likely defective. the assembly (with switches) can be purchased as one part.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for that. I will give it a go.

Andy

Expert:  JMKlemish replied 3 years ago.
Please let me know your results
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi again.
I have fitted the part but it is still doing the same thing. Starts to fill with water. The 'check water' light comes on. Finishes filling and starts to empty then fills up a bit more, starts to empty, fills up a bit more...

If you have any other suggestions that would be helpful. On the plus side, it was quite quick and straight forward to fit the pressure switch.

Andy

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Andy sorry you are still having trouble.
But the issue is usually
as we said,
If that is not the case, you will need a new main board.
Please respond to me so I can help you further with this:-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes thats the part i changed. And it still doesn;t work.

Andy

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Andy, yes this is an unfortunate situation, you will need to replace the main PC board.
Its not cheap but I will do my best to find you the best price, if you want to do this.
Please let me know what you want to do.
Tech Michael