Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

Morning, my dishwasher is not cleaning things very well, I

Customer Question

Morning, my dishwasher is not cleaning things very well, I have cleaned the filters, arms and used a cleaner inside it. I use powder rather than tablets and there is often some left in the machine. Particularly top shelf things often have a deposit in and on them.
Do I need to get someone out or do you have anything I can try?
Expert:  repairman4734 replied 3 years ago.

repairman4734 :

Good Morning, and thanks for your question, it is appreciated. My name is Farrell, and I am happy to help you with your problem today. OK, not knowing for sure where you live, your problem my lie with the issue of hard water. Or, in other words, mineral buildup inside the dw. One of the ways, to start working on this problem, is using 1 gal. of white distilled vinegar, about once a week. How you do this, is start the dw. let it run until it drains for the first time, and then open the door, and pour the whole gallon into the bottom of the dw, and shut the door, and let it go thru its cycle. If you have glassware thats a bit murky, put it in the dw also and let it wash with the vinegar. When you pour the vinegar into the bottom of the dw and it starts. water will balance out with it to give it the proper level. In case this might be a soap residue, after a couple of fills, check the water temp. using maybe a meat thermometer. Water at a minimum s/b at about 120-130 degrees. Soap mfg. say this temp will break down the soap and let it do its job. If water is not hot enough, go to your water heater and if its gas, turn the knob up a notch or two. If its electric, you will have to remove the top and bottom covers on the side of the heater, remove insulation abit, and again a notch or two. Hope this helps, and thanks.

JACUSTOMER-uzpd7hxd- :

Thanks I will try the vinegar

JACUSTOMER-uzpd7hxd- :

Diana

repairman4734 :

Hi Diana, thanks for your response back, it is appreciated.

repairman4734 :

If my response is satisfactory to you, would appreciate if you would give me a 3 or above rating, as this is very much appreciated. Thanks. again.

JACUSTOMER-uzpd7hxd- :

Any idea where I can get vinegar in that sort of quantity??

Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.
The cheapest way is the value range from Asda, but lots of them.
Otherwise it would be places like Makro