repairman4734
repairman4734, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Thank you for your question, it is appreciated
15371985

Ice maker stopped making ice cubes in my Siemens American style

Customer Question

Ice maker stopped making ice cubes in my Siemens American style fridge freezer. Any advice please?
Expert:  repairman4734 replied 4 years ago.

repairman4734 :

Hi, my name is Farrell, and I am happy to help you with your problem. Using a flashlite, look at the area where the ice is supposed to be. You will see the ejection fingers that push the ice out of cavity. Please tell me what position they are in in relation to a clock? Also please send the model number, thanks.

JACUSTOMER-mnqsn2vw- :

Hi Farrell, Thanks for your suggestion. No flashlight required as far as i can see. The front casing and teh area where ice is store lifts out. This reveals the ice cube maker/mechansim that rotates the whole ice cube tray. The ice cubes are not freezing which is one problem; and the tray turns just as it should (there's a test button on the underside of the ice cube making unit) and the tray turns out perfectly... problem is; it turns out water not ice cubes. any suggestions please.

JACUSTOMER-mnqsn2vw- :

model is siemens KA58NP90GB/07

repairman4734 :

Hi, when you open the freezer door, do you hear a fan running? Also, is all of your food staying froze? Do you have a way to check the temp in the freezer? Thanks for your help.