Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

The Gas knob for my Kenwood oven will not go past 180C. It

Customer Question

The Gas knob for my Kenwood oven will not go past 180C. It feels like it comes to a stop. I have broken the know by forcing it, I have now fixed the knob by it still will not go past the 180C marking. why?
Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is Rob and I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isnt clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me the exact model number please and how old this is?

Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model No CK300

Double oven Gas cooker

Not sure how old, Was left when moved in approx. 5 yrs ago

Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.
Hi Darren

This oven was probably made by DeLonghi and just badged as Kenwood.

It sounds like the main gas control valve has failed. This is fairly common as the gas can etch away at the valve, making it impossible to turn.

This part is not listed as available as a spare part, probably because of gas safety issues in the UK.

If you like I can get you a fixed price quote for this repair. Please let me have your postcode

Rob