Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My dishwasher (installed last December in a fitted kitchen)

Customer Question

My dishwasher (installed last December in a fitted kitchen) Siemens - ....the door will NOT catch to start up the dishwasher. Sometimes I am lucky and with a bit of manipulation it will start. Mostly, you shut it, and it pops open a fraction which is enough for it not to work. I am slowly had enough - the Installer said I should ask Siemens to attend to it. The whole catch mechanism seems very weak. My daughter had exactly the same problem with her fitted Siemens d/washer.
Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isnt clear, please just ask me.

Sorry to hear about this very frustrating issue.

Can you tell me the model number please?
Also, was the machine bought just prior to installation in December and do you still have the receipt?

Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Siemens are calling to sort it out as it is under guarantee still. Many thanks.

Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.
Hi Josephine

Thats great news

Thanks for letting me know

It sounds like the door catch mechanism needs adjustment

Rob