Rick
Rick, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years Service Experience as a technician. Experienced on both High End and regular Appliances
15929851

I have a bosch dishwasher model sgs4012gb it appears when I

Customer Question

I have a bosch dishwasher model sgs4012gb it appears when I run water in sink the dishwasher fills up its base with water even when it has not been turned on
Expert:  Rick replied 4 years ago.

samphiamom :

Hello my name is Rick, I will assist you today

samphiamom :

It sounds like there is no high loop in your drain line from the dishwasher. If you think about it like a rollercoaster, straight out of the dishwasher, the drain needs to go to a high spot, above where it is hooked up to sink or garbage disposal and then routed to the drain site. This will make sure no maker how high you fill the sink that water can not travel backwards down the drain line

JACUSTOMER-988wo4tc- :

how dpo I correct this

samphiamom :

I am assuming the drian line enters the cabinet, where the sink is, from there raise and secure it as high as possble. That will create a high loop and the unit will not backflow on you.

samphiamom :

It has been a few days since I spoke with you and I just wanted to touch base and make sure your issue was taken care of