Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

fridge freezer RF64 - freezer compartment not freezing

Customer Question

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Customer:

Hello sorry ti hear about this, please check the rear wall for any ice build up and let me know what you find, also how is the fridge portion doing? Thank you

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No ice build up at rear. Fridge section OK

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Graham,
First let me tell you the site is having some trouble so if it seems like a long time between my relies, its not me lol.
I want to help you!
Ok so is the freezer working at all or is it very warm? This will tell us a lot.
Also do you have some tools and wish to work on this with me?
Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

freezer not working at all. room terperature. i have tools but would prefer advice as i have first to get freezer out of built in cupboard. is it likly to be a thermostat problem is it worth trying to fix as it is an old model/

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi this is a question of how much you want to put into it. It may be the thermostat? But it could be something costing much more.
If considering the age you may not want to go further than the T stat?
In any case if you rate well today, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you so if you need me the question will NOT close or time out on us and we can chat anytime for free!
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Since this may take some time if you will rate my service today as good or better The system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you so your question will not close or time out and we will be able to work together no matter how long it takes to solve this issue.
Tech Michael