Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I hae had my Bosch washing machine for 5 years a

Customer Question

I hae had my Bosch washing machine for 5 years and now i am being told the bearings have gone and the machine is useless. I am 86 years old and do not want to be pushed into buying a new one at my age. My question how much would I have to spend if i thought oof repairing the machine, please?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

The cheapest repair would be a fixed price repair from British Gas.

Click here for the British Gas offer.

They charge £125 which is inclusive of parts and labour.

I believe they reduce this to £75 if you put your appliances on contract with them.

If they cannot repair the machine (too far gone or damaged) then there is no charge.

An independent repairer would be charging a good bit more for this job and Bosch probably over £200 with their labour and parts cost.

Check it out, see what you think and get them in to see if they can help.

Certainly cheaper than a new machine.

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have received your answer and I am satisfied with the reply and take note of British Gas but I do not want to continue with my membership I understand the first request is free, please explain the system to me thank you

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

For queries relating to your account you need to contact customer services.

I can only help with the query regarding your machine.

Sorry