Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bosch KGN34X60GB Fridge freezer but Its broken overnight.

Customer Question

I have a Bosch KGN34X60GB Fridge freezer but Its broken overnight. The fridge and freezer compartments are not cold but the sound of the fridge sounds like something is working. There is no build up of ice in the tray.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Has the freezer fully defrosted?

Also is the compressor at the back hot to touch?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes the freezer is fully defrosted. The compressor is very very hot

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Sorry this isn't good news. If the compressor is very hot but theres no cooling at all then it has a system fault.

Either theres no gas in there or its a poor pumping compressor. This is why its hot as the compressor will run until its cold enough. If theres no gas or its a weak compressor then it will never get cold so the compressor gets very hot.

To check this out fully you need to get a fridge engineer in as they will need to put there gauges on the back to see if theres gas in there or to see what pressure the compressor is pumping at.

Sorry this isn't good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.