Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi, I have an indesit Idl40. it fills but then stops before

Customer Question

Hi, I have an indesit Idl40. it fills but then stops before the wash with lights 1 &3 flashing.
I have stripped the machine & everything seems to work ok including motor
when tested & the various microswitches.
any idea what the fault is.
many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.

Hi This is unfortunately a man board problem.

I wish they sold components for that one, but they only sell the board complete.

Its kind of expensive here in the states.

But if you want to replace that board I can locate a good source for you.

Also I will advise you on the installation if you need me:-)

Since this question will go on for some time, (until you have the board) if you will rate me as good service or better, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you so your question wont time out or end. And in that way, you can get in touch with me anytime no matter how long this takes and it wont cost you anything more for the questions and answers:-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
The answer given was incorrect.

It's always easy to blame the main board when replacing it costs more than the value of the machine - so will never be tested

I located the fault which was in fact a blocked capilliary tube to the fill sensor which was then causing a time out.
Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.

Hi Andy I have been trying to respond to you but the system here is on the fritz, I apologize for that. Normally it works fine:-)

Tech Michael