Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi I have a new tumble dryer, hotpoint condenser polar, the

Customer Question

Hi I have a new tumble dryer, hotpoint condenser polar, the cord from my track bottoms is stuck in between drum and rim, it has got a bead on top, cant pull it out, cant cut it off, as it is stopping the drum from turning, please help. Brenda
Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.

Hi Brenda,

Did this dryer come new like this?

Also is the plug stuck in between the drum and the wall of the unit?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry you may not have got the whole problem, I was drying some washing, when the cord of my tracksuit, which has a little bead on it, got stuck inbetween the drum and the wall of the unit, as it is a condenser dryer, it seems to be more of a sealed unit, very little play on the drum, not like my old one, i could have moved the drum to one sede, and slipped the cord out, i hope I am making some sence.

Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for clearing that up lol!

You can cut the cord if you want, it wont hurt the unit it would just wear away the cord:-)

Or, you can slightly pry the drum and slip out the cord, please use caution doing this just pry enough with a wide screw driver just enough to get the cord out and the machine will be just fine, its got wide rollers and tracks that will not pop off. No worries.

Thank you Please let me know if this works for you?

if it does please rate my service as ok or better:-)

Thank you Brenda, also once you rate, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you in case you need me further.

Have a great day.

Tech Michael